About the Role
The Events Apprentice (EA) oversees all of Concept Factory’s events and workshops, including the development, planning, and execution. The EA’s main priority is to ensure everything pertaining to an event or workshop is taken care of, from idea conception to preparations, to day-of logistics, to post-event matters, ensuring its success. The Events Apprenticeship handles the planning, promotion, and logistics of various events, including but not limited to hosting the events, recruiting volunteer help, managing expenses, forming plans, schedules, searching venues, and other closely related duties. Creating experiences and bringing visions to life through engaging events, workshops, and networking conferences for visual storytellers will be the foundation of performing successfully in this position.
The Events Apprentice will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Marketing, Creative Director, and other team leaders in aligning workshops and events with organizational goals and objectives while also handling major responsibilities related to the position. The Events Apprentice must understand what it takes to make sure the logistics work out, keeping everything within the allocated budget and ensuring that the event itself is carried out smoothly and with excellence. Personal ownership and excellence is a must in order to be successful in this position.
Job Responsibilities: What You’ll Be Doing
- Nurture and build relationships with vendors, venues, and other industry contacts to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of all events.
- Stay current, and often ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving challenges.
- Coordinate, determine, and delegate all staffing and/or volunteer needs for events.
- Comply with legal, insurance, health and safety regulations, and local COVID-19 guidelines when planning and executing an event.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, ensure each event has necessary branding and marketing materials created, approved, and uploaded to the applicable Google Drive folder, Eventbrite, and social media.
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Social Media Manager, determine the best marketing & promotional strategies to drive ticket sales and ensure the overall effectiveness of each event.
- Handle all technical aspects of events including, but not limited to: setting up Eventbrite, Mighty Networks events, submitting website and/or flyer requests, Zoom matters, and handling ticket sales and refund requests.
- Schedule and facilitate all event planning meetings with the team.
- Create Google Docs/Sheets for each event or workshop, including keeping the general Workshop & Events base on Airtable updated at all times.
- Assign necessary tasks to applicable team members on Airtable, with appropriate deadlines and detailed notes.
- Oversee attendee experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations, execution, and event breakdown, ensuring consistent, high-level quality throughout all phases.
- Serve as host/emcee for events when necessary.
- Serve as the main point of contact (POC) for all events and implement solutions to potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
Qualifications / Skills: What You Bring to the Table
Proven success as an event planner or coordinator
One who takes ownership of roles and responsibilities and has a personal, passionate commitment to its success!
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Experience in maintaining and building enriching business relationships
Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
Ability to handle pressure and make split-second decisions
A self-starter who doesn’t need to be micromanaged is a must!
Team management & virtual collaboration experience
Understanding budgets and reading financial statements
Ability to handle a wide variety of logistics, planning, and moving parts without getting unorganized.
About the Company
About Us: Who We Are
We create spaces for visual storytellers to find their tribes, create content, and advance their industry careers. It's why we exist.
Our Vision is to serve as the bridge for visual storytellers to reach industry opportunities, thus creating their own success.
Our mission is to foster and create a collaborative and resourceful environment for visual storytellers that promotes creativity, community, professional development, and industry connections.